Synergy+ Physical Therapy and Pilates Studio offers an industry-leading Pilates-based Sports Rehabilitation Program tailored to meet the physical demands of the athlete, the performing artist, and the recreational athlete. Our physical therapists understand body mechanics and systematically analyze not only the specific injury but the whole person to find the best treatment approach. Our treatments primarily use manual therapy in combination with Pilates-based exercises.
Our approach of combining manual therapy with Pilates-based exercises encourage the patient’s active participation in the healing process. Our practice encompasses athletic injury management under 5 main categories:
- Acute care – assessment and diagnosis of an initial injury;
- Treatment – application of specialist advice, manual and therapeutic exercises to encourage healing;
- Rehabilitation – continued progressive management for a full return to sports;
- Prevention – identification, and correction of deficiencies that can perpetuate, or act as precursors to injury, using movement assessment
- Education – sharing of specialist knowledge to individual athletes, teams or clubs to assist in the prevention or management of injury
Our results have shown that our approach leads the injured person to faster recovery time, more permanent recovery, and a decrease in the likelihood of injury. Our hands-on mobilization/manipulation techniques combined with Pilates-based exercises assist to reduce pain, correct joint mechanics and allow for a timely return to sports and daily function.
SPORTS REHAB PROGRAMS
SPORTS REHAB BENEFITS