Studies have shown that ergonomic set up in the workspace can:
1- Reduce likelihood of injury
2- Reduce pain
3- Boost productiveness and overall satisfaction.
1- Selecting the proper desk and chair, keyboard, mouse, and screen
2- Adjusting for proper distance of the above from the body.
Our physical therapists are adept at:
1- Teaching proper posture and mechanics while at the work station
2- Helping to create the perfect ergonomic workplace
3- Teaching the best stretching and resistance exercises to do throughout the workday. These can increase energy, decrease the chance of developing pain, strain, or injury.
SETUP & AWARENESS
PREVENT OR REDUCE PAIN
Our physical therapists will:
- Teach proper posture while at the workstation
- Make recommendations for the workstation set up based on each individual
- Help schedule proper breaks and appropriate exercises and stretches that can be done while at the workstation
- Recommend supportive equipment such as chairs, keyboards, and back support based on individual needs
- Help set up the workstation to decrease the impact on the body